Sunday 16 March 2014

Influence Of Technology In Modern Day Love Story.

I ain't here to bother someone in my apartment who keep his facebook and other pages on with torrent downloading upto 300kpbs. Anything bountiful around us makes us to care less about it mooting the fact that it faintly pinches us. So I keep my laptop power on 24 hours without shutting it down, I ain't the only one doing this. All my friends are just like me making and utilizing it profitably. It is a perfect substitute for everything especially when you are away from home with nothing engaging around. We get to stay close with friends and near ones every day. 

If anyone finds me online even at odd hours, they are misconstrued to see me active. Some curiously writes, "who keeps you awake at this hour". A habit is firmly grounded whereby it has become a routine to clear their doubts. The story starts right from the root where by I insinuate myself in the topic and inform them about reasonable and unlimited internet facility. Though we get to learn new ideas, stay updated with the world wide news, read various articles, follow blogs, watch videos etc, I feel like it is a sheer waste of time because we never know how time passes once we are infront of our laptop.

In a place like India where you never find any other scope for spending quality time during the leisure time, internet play the better role as a companion. We can chit-chat with friends, watch movies and many more. Everything has changed with time, I don't think lads nowadays are having the charm of writing letters to their loved ones like we used to do in our schooling days. Perhaps, they may not have any idea how their elders approached and proposed each other. With the introduction of mobiles and social networking sites, flirting has become popular among people.

Back then, proposing a girl wasn't a easy task, I used to get a goose bump all over my body the moment I thought of undertaking the mission. The proposal required enomous boldness. Those who could speak well and had eloquent tongue were lucky enough to get into relationships. I vividly remember writing lots of love letters for my friends in high school. They used to sneak into my room after the light off without the notice of Councillor and come up with a special petition. I wrote dozens of love letters under the candle light  for my friends and it became like a regular assignment for me.


Juxtaposing the two completely contrasting styles, we realize how technology has taken its role in our life. We just ring the person on the other end or write in social networking site or video chat to express our love and affection. Even with these facilities readily available around me, I never feel comfortable to set myself for the greatest mission. Those who are talented in talking can fully utilize it in video chatting and call, while others can either impress through text or by writing in words. In my case, hair still tingles around my neck to implement and adopt the new strategies which I feel is still out of my comprehension.

Along with technological prgoression, many unwanted stuffs are coming into existence. Violence and marital problems are becoming prominent which I believe is the potent effect of technology. Marital problems has tremendously escalated over the years and infidelity on the rise. It wasn't as easy as it is right now to get into a relationship. Most of the modern love stories have the touch of social networking sites and telecommunication. Two strangers can easily fall in love and make it public by updating their status the very next day. Well, I ain't to trying to act reasonable with my opinion for it is just a display of my lame thought.

To be frank, I may find myself in the most awkward situation to narrate my first meeting with the better half (wish I had one :P) to my kids in time to come if they happen to ask by chance. It will be a weirdest narration to start with "Hmm....I added her in facebook, started chatting and so on" which is the common love story prevailing nowadays. Even then, I firmly believe that the better fate has the vital role to play though social networking site has it own part in modern day love story.




No comments:

Post a Comment