Saturday 29 March 2014

Eyeshot on Blogging.

Bloggers in Bhutan can be anyone and I am one among them as we are bestowed with the freedom to express everything within us. Moreover, blog is a platform for us to express our feelings and keep up our writing habit. Not everyone around us are so familiar with blogging. I am also new to this and got little ideas on how to blog and all. 

Those who never owned a blog but with a faint idea have more to say about blogging and its purpose. I was in a gathering with my college mates yesterday. Few seniors just returned from a semester long practice school in Bhutan with few bottles of our local brews and I was there to fuddle up on their invitation. 

I don't know how it became a matter of discussion. Everybody was talking about blogging. Few own it whereas some aren't aware of it. I never share about my blog with my friends here as I know they will just insult or complement on it. Only one of my friends knows about my genuine interest in blogging and he shared about this to others. 

Another friend had his own opinion about blog. He questioned me whether I have anything posted in my blog which was something like a research work or anything inquisitive worth enough for other people to read as a reference. My answer was a straight NO and he was so sure that we are nowhere as a blogger which he tried to generalize it owing to my presence there.  

I was mum to hear about blogging from him who was never in the position to take our point of view.  I saw him unshakable with his justification on top of his voice. I had to tell him that this is the first time ever to know about the real purpose of the blog. If what he said is true, I am sorry to say that I have been misusing it for three years by posting useless articles.

 I tried to share my own knowledge about blog to him but was not in a position to take it. People have their own justification for everything and I have that habit to support and accept it as a courteous gesture. I don't know whether I am true with my faint knowledge about blog.  

All long, I considered blog as an online journal where we can post our write ups be it anything. I am a keen follower of Bhutanese blogs and blogging for me is like an open diary where we can keep an account of our daily experiences, incidences and a site where we can read and post personal feelings. 

His comments on blogging put me in a bewildering state with a vague hesitant feeling of whether I am doing right by posting everything popping out from within and making it public. It was something like a contemptuous assertion to bloggers especially for an amateur like me. There was nothing serious to mark his words for it was his cognitive thinking which was an absolute laymen's view. 











2 comments:

  1. I won't say you're completely wrong. I won't consider your friend's view correct either. Because when he said whether there is any kind of researched work or sth in your blog, he must be talking about educational blog. But yes such blog can be maintained if you have quite enough contents in the field. Otherwise, blogging general things as many of us in Bhutan do is also acceptable. This is no such rules. It can be as you said an open platform where we can express our views on sth backed by passion for writing and reading. Blogging is a new version of maintaining diary in this technology driven world. Keep blogging bro. As far as you've that interest, you're on a right track. All the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was well aware of what he was intending to say and yes he was saying about the business and other blogs as u mentioned like educational one. It was a baffling moment when he was like, people mistake blogs for writing worthless articles. I just said, it is acceptable to indite and post in blogs to which he simply showed a heavy dissension.

    ReplyDelete