Thursday 23 August 2012

Where is our status......



Currently, we are the fourth Bhutanese batch studying in one of the private colleges of Andhra Pradesh. The first batch of students kept the fame of Bhutanese students in our college by being punctual, obedient, studious and as an ideal students of all. They were the bunches of in-service candidates who were given the priceless opportunity by the Royal Government Of Bhutan to pursue higher studies. Knowing the drawbacks of minimial qualification for the further enhancement of ones status in the Civil Service, they were here to study B.tech. Their very presence among lads with a common purpose vividly described the importance of education.

 It is very much common to praise the college where we study without juxtaposing with other colleges which are plenty in India. The point is that everyone loves to praise the college in which he/she is getting rich knowledge and practical experiences in their core subjects. Personally, I am neutral in my opinion and would say that I hate this college as much as I like it. This assertion of mine may create a feeling of disquiet to some of my college mates but it is my opinion to which they have no right to comment. It is same like, I have no right to comment on what other guys think about me and can be interpreted in other way round.


I gracefully thank all my senior room mates, with whom I had an amicable and intimate friendship. It is from them that I learned a few important values of life. The value of education which we the youngsters take into granted. We all feel as if like we are being levied with sizeable taxes or penalties to study. The most inspiring and exemplary to all was the zest and the commitment towards learning things. Many were older than our professors, with the working experience of more than 20 years. One of them used to say I am the oldest of all my siblings and the last to graduate. My eyes filled with the joyous tears when I saw a senior posing infront of camera with her daughter in a National Graduates Orientation Program. Imagine that blissful and exhilarating moment when a father and a daughter gets the opportunity to attend the orientation together. A very rare and special moment I must anecdote.

Their presence with us is now a past memory. Their modesty and sincerity are the points that our professors have on the tip of their tongue to express complaints, discontent, or displeasure over our mistakes and behavior. How can they see us as a better person if they are to compare us with the first Bhutanese batch. They were the people bearing the high profile post in the Districts as District engineers and sub-ordinates. So it is the most unintelligent thing on their part to point fingers on the lads by comparing with our elders. A man becomes wiser with time and age. A change in behavior and attitude is not just trying to be perfect and pretending to be decent infront of them. It is like trying to get the things in better position than before. In an opinion of mine, I would applaud my friend who audaciously rebuked the bad mouth of HOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment