Saturday 22 September 2012

Thrue Baab:- Time To Wipe Off Our Sins


It was the day for me to wash off all my sins accumulated over one year. My words may sound feeble if I say, I stayed awake whole night to cleanse myself in the morning. This is just a belief, yet my faith kept me active whole night to do what I used to do at home. Blessed Rainy Day is the day for sharchops in particular to celebrate it grandly.

 I just realized this when my classmate from Haa insisted sharchops out here to buy a bottle of liquor for him. He was genuine with his words because he posited, Haaps don't celebrate Thrue Baab. I strongly noted his words as I stayed at his hometown for three years and didn't see any speciality during this particular day.

I knew, he wanted to rob our fiddling money in the name of Sharchopa Losar. At heart, I had the mind to spend my few amounts for I can't throw a huge amount in the name of Losar. Seriously, I wasn't drunk at that moment. I promptly opposed by asserting, why our government should deliberately declare it as government holiday if it was the day for sharchops only.

I wasn't intending to offend him, but most of them took it as an offence from my side. Ofcourse, sharchops are all over Bhutan and  it is not a surprise to see majority of my mates from eastern Bhutan in my college too.BSA office bearers initiated a gathering exclusively to observe this very auspicious day and to keep up the long standing trend of our country.


Appreciated them working in the torrid sun. Some section of friends prepared varieties of food items by waking up before dawn. I could wake up only at around 11am and went there to take the brunch. Majority of them were longing to warm up themselves. I always accompany them, what ever occasion it may be.

Therefore, I couldn't say no to them and right away decided to join them. They insisted me to organize the boozing session to celebrate the event. I showed little bit of disinclination by attentively talking about the scarcity of money with all of us. It wasn't a mere formality to drink, but a custom our forefathers passed on us. 

People say, money is not everything and at that very moment, I just thought money is something when needed. Somehow, we managed few thousands and visited our favourite inn. We drank few bottles of Beer and that contented all of us. I enjoyed their company as usual and we headed back to attend our gathering, which I must appraise as a rare event.


I displayed my capability and proved that I am one of the gluttonous person who is invincible by all in eating. Excessive eating made me slothful and left me in comfortless state, but never agitated me as I ate, boozed, sang just to celebrate THRUE BAAB.



2 comments:

  1. Zaiii....seems like u hd a gr8 day sa....bt ur words on Haaps..Huh...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete