Thursday 2 January 2014

Gossip With My Room mate.

It is not only the girls who gossip, we boys often talk over silly as well as important issues. I had a chitchat with my room mate yesterday. We talked about the unveiling of the authenticated FIFA at Changlimithang to the developments in and around Thimphu and lot more. He touched upon the job opportunities for the graduates and asked me if I had anything to say on it as I was at home for vacation. 


To be frank, I ain't aware of the total intake announced by the RCSE, but heard there is only one slot for computer science which I shared with him. He remained silent and his eyes clearly reflected  a bit of concerns. He asked me the scopes in private sector which I had to say no as I really don't know the real opportunities in privates and corporations. 

I too felt the weight on my shoulder when he came up with the talk on employment opportunities. As a student, to pin down infront of the books is the most monotonous and a heavy task. Some subjects make us to catch some Z's and rest are encrypted which we simply give up. Yet every student aspires to be in organisation, whereby young talents are considered and employed with great pride. 

Being a student myself, I do wish of working in a dynamic organisation. When we are students right now, we complain of this trifling student life which we gonna miss it forever after few years from now. People say working life isn't charming and amusing as college life, but I take it as a step ahead in ones life.  

Everyone is concerned because of the staggering number of students graduating every year. The limited seats available in the job market has left the graduates idle for years. Our government has adopted various ways to resolve the unemployment issues, which is laudable and worth of million dollar appreciation.

We can fathom the challenges faced by our country with growing population. If only we had multinational companies, the problem could be solved. For the least, it would be beneficial if our private sectors were well established which can lessen the burden.

On other hand, there are reasons for us to smile graciously for being born in the country like a paradise. Everyone lives with utmost happiness, joy and I assume this is what people are actually born for. We never realize the importance of education and remain less pragmatic until we reach the job market where competition is very tough.

Imagine what would be running in the minds of those pursuing Computer Science when the government slots hardly exceeds five. Similarly, thousands of graduates sit for civil service examination for about some three hundred vacancies.

I can foresee the stiff competition that I must face it boldly. The ever changing scenario has contemplated people to think vaguely. People often feel the goose bump all over the body with a fear of remaining jobless. At our level as a young and jubilant heart, everyone has to be innovative and inquisitive in our own ways.

We should rather feel cheerful and thankful to the government for their touch on to the youths. No one should feel dejected with the current state of job market for we firmly believe every problem is solvable in one or other ways. Just like they don't want anyone of us to be left idle, we should also work on our own to help them resolve the unemployment issues was what my friend uttered which was worth taking in.

2 comments: