Wednesday 1 January 2014

Welcome 2014



It has been almost a month or two that I haven't opened my blog and updated it. I was away from my college on a month-long vacation which was refreshing. Getting together with family, friends, and close ones imparted me with the vitality and energy for the upcoming semester.


I welcome the new year with new plans, dreams, and most importantly with prayers and good wishes to all the people around. I got no resolutions this time too since finding a solution to my resolution has always been a problem. Even if I had any, I wouldn't have lived up to my words like many other people.


Who knows, 2014 may be an adventurous and tripping year for me. People might have celebrated the special evening with their loved ones and friends around the bonfire or in party halls and at home with heavy brands of liquor and fireworks. For the last few days, I made trips to many new places and eventually reached where I sojourn. 


Celebrated new year's eve in a different manner. I saw myself on the train heading for my college. All I heard was the rattling sound of the wheel and whistling of the train which woke me up time and again. The chill midnight wind blowing through the spaces between the shutter and the window frame of the train kept me awake until morning.


I toured the nearby compartments and bogies to see if anyone was awake to greet upon the arrival of 2014. I just saw people catching a sound sleep,  curled up under the blanket. Surely, they might have had the mind to celebrate in a different way than snoring if it was at home. The day-long journey fagged them out to the point of exhaustion putting them into a deep sleep.


It was totally a different experience for me and a unique way of welcoming the new year with the loud honking and rattling sound of the train wheel against the rail track. People often say that if we drink during new year's eve, we land up drinking throughout the year or quite often. If it is the case, I should see a year full of tripping memories and excitement.

Happy New Year



2 comments: