Monday 8 October 2012

Am I Really Learning.....



First year was just the reiteration of what we studied in intermediate level. The subject were all the repetition  of those studied by the science students of 12 standard, though little bit in depth. After four years of gap, I had to study chemistry again which I rated as the most difficult subject back in my school life. No matter how tough it is, I have to manage a pass mark, but thinking about it spooked me. I have the record set in the school where by I never obtained pass marks in any of the home examinations in chemistry.  Nevertheless, I used to just get through in the final with a marginal mark which was consoling. Some how by sheer luck, I could clear all the modules of first year. 


Now the modules are all the core subjects of Civil engineering and a complete new set of studies to me. It is bit tedious as all the theories taught are experimented in the lab. Without a detailed critical inspection, it is obvious that I will lag behind and get positioned at a disadvantaged side. I find every new lesson challenging, yet try to grasp it for the sake of examination. Nothing comes in mind other than the exam tension which I forget once I get out of the class.   

Friends around have been the source of encouragement who always boosted me just to be in line with them. At times, weird feelings strikes my mind because I have already forgotten the things that I studied in the previous semester. To implement it in the professional field is subsequently becoming too vague to be considered as my plan.I cannot stay in an unsatisfied state though to implement in real is thinning out my hopes and compelling me feel pessimistic. 

Once, I genuinely asked my best buddy who recently graduated this year about his course and what he gained out of it. My question made him giggle in the middle of the Thimphu city. He replied, "I am feeling blank at this point" followed by a grin smile on his pudgy pale face. I didn't do any survey to authenticate what I felt. I instantly thought that everything I perceived was absolutely normal. Perhaps we may excel when it comes to practicality just like man becoming wiser and chicer with age. 

For this semester, I along with my four best buddies are undertaking a study on the behavior of M30, M40 Concrete in the acidic condition. To speak out the truth, no one from my group had the idea about the topic in the beginning which was kind of a worrying matter. We just chose the topic randomly by risking ourselves to learn something new. A friend intercommunicated whether the topic is fine for all of us and the rest, who are yet to know the real taste of the Course easily agreed. I must say, we're progressing and learning  unexpectedly, which are to be forgotten by next semester as always ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment