Saturday 7 January 2012

First N The Final Walk


As usual, I opened my FB account. Curious to see whether there are any notifications, messages or request. Luckily there was one request –a friend request from a girl. Very excited to see who she was, I accepted her request instantly. Coincidently, she was online and I started to chat with her then and there. Exchange of greetings and brief introductions from both, astonishingly we were somehow chatting from the same vicinity and studying in the same college. I was flabbergasted to know that she was also in the same college because I didn’t remember seeing her in the college though she had seen me many a times. Perhaps, God must have impaired me till that time from seeing the angel or it could be with other reason i.e, seniors usually don’t recognize their juniors in the college and it is an established fact. Our chitchat prolonged almost for hours and in between, I could assemble braveness and asked her cell number and was successful in getting her number. I am guy who doesn’t possess an instinct to impress girls and since I am very direct and precise with my thoughts and action, only few numbers of girls know me very well and personally.
The very first time of our meeting in the chat, I requested for a friendly walk. She was so wise enough and didn’t turn down to my request. Mind it guys!!!the very next day, I was with a girl going for an evening walk for the first time and words cannot describe that blissful moment. I don’t know how she felt but to me it was an interesting moment of my college days though I had to gather lots of courage to get that experienced. We talked as if  like, we had met before and she too was so open and jolly that made the walk more lively and zesty. We hardly met in the college since we were in different departments but used to meet through call almost every day.
Days and months passed by without seeing her but we were always connected by cellular phone . In the beginning, there was simply nothing extraordinary about our conversations. But then again, I looked beyond that and recognized her warm and decent personality and that her angelic and jovial smile enthralled me ,captivating my heart.
I started adoring her and there was only one thing I can and must do. i.e., I got to let her know how I feel. I have to do since that could be the start of a wonderful tie or at least that’s what I thought even if she wasn’t that responsive. Gradually, friends of mine came to know about my feelings toward her and kept on boosting me with some positive suggestions and insisted me to approach her. Seconds after I  thought and analyzed the words of my friends, I felt like I have become lame. So doing what they said was totally beyond my vivid mental image.  Listening to their words, some people may easily get boosted and react, but I always tried to calm myself  because I never could imagine the consequences if  I were to follow and act according to their words. Those were the happiest times of my days at Shercol.
Life for me was celestial. She was almost the perfect girl I had dreamt about before. How should I describe myself ?People usually find me serious but timid who would never dare to give damn to girls because of my shyness……but I think there is no men here in the world who is a misogynists lol.  Her soft, soothing and distinctive voice would just relegate my boredom and carve my day with amusement. We frequently quibbled over the useless matters and in other times we talked about good things too. Life is veritably a Shangri-la  to undergo through different phases and these times with her went on for almost two semesters. But then, an unavoidable event occurred. My sparring partner started to act differently, became unresponsive and her pleasantly optimistic disposition diminished  slowly. “What the hell is up with her”? I babbled myself.
As time dashed ahead, she stopped receiving my phone calls and her outgoing call  towards me was totally barred. It is disheartening to see an enjoyable moments being ended abruptly but it is worth to be cherished as it was “The first and the final walk” for me……
Even today, when I think of  her, something uncomfortably keeps on striking  my mind which is perplexing  on and on. Feels like a precious thing had been snatched away from me… …………

2 comments:

  1. Dude! Your really write good... keep up the sprit... and try to mention us next time.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep..... when i say i miss sherubtse, it is not the college dat i miss but my friends with whom i had a zesty and vigorous enjoyment...... miss u bro

    ReplyDelete