Wednesday 11 September 2013

New Home

After much in depth and thoroughgoing discussion with my room mates, we eventually decided to change our apartment. This is the fourth time that we are shifting our room. Planning ahead months before ensured a smooth transition from one home to another. The previous apartments were some 5kms away from my college. It barely took 10 minutes to reach college. Even then, we often missed the morning classes. National highway connecting Chennia and Kolkatta is few yards away and horns of vehicles keeps honking 24 hours. The buzzing sound of vehicles disturbed the peace of mind and sometimes even woke me up in the middle of night. Window panes used to vibrate when heavy lorries plied through.

The present apartment is 22 kms far and takes 45minutes to reach college if we go by auto. Talked with local taxi drivers about the possible fare and it is unusually expensive. So hiring a taxi is simply impossible as they charge hefty amount which is double of the actual fare. Transportation isn’t a big issue with lots of vehicles plying day and night. At times when luck kicks out, even private cars stops and drops us to our college gate. The indefinite hunger strike in Andhra Pradesh and stopping the services of city buses has hampered the travelers to a little extent. Otherwise, people enjoy the cheapest and convenient mode of transportation by taking the city buses.

I can proudly say that I turned to a early riser. Daily routine got rescheduled and no more idle like I used to be. Unlike before, I see myself in the college in time.The present apartment is a massive building block housing hundreds of tenants. The rooms are exceptionally superb and equipped with the latest interior designs. There is no question of being unhealthful because it is well equipped with recreational facilities like basketball court, swimming pool, Table Tennis , Badminton court, lawn Tennis, gym and a snooker room. Tenants have to pay a membership fee get access to all these facilities. The sad story of all is that, I can’t get into swimming pool because of my photosensitive rashes. However,  still lots of other options are available to keep myself engaged.
                                          snap shot of the new apartment. 
The premise is well protected with high wall and mesh wires. Shops are available within the campus. Vegetable vendors comes into the campus on Sundays and Thursdays. Almost everything is systematic and well organized.  In old apartments, I used to laze all day on the bed, but now, I have improved a lot both in stamina and fitness. I try to sweat out lot by going to gym and showing up for basketball match. For now, I am living with a changed and improved rescheduled routine which is amusive. This gives me the vibe of my days at school where we used to spent time playing games right after the school. Feels like I am experiencing the student life all over again after many years..


No comments:

Post a Comment