Friday 4 January 2013

Wel-come Twenty-Thirteen

Exactly at this time of year, people keep themselves busy with the hope of celebrating another new year for years to come. I hear my friends talking about the resolutions and the past stories, the story of how they couldn't keep up with what they were supposed to do. I often wonder if people are really serious with their resolutions because I see them being stamped down by their impractical resolutions.  

It is a typical and  an average  thought and something what I have seen and the reason why I always give a second thought before I speak out my resolution. So for 2013, I have got no airy resolutions, but as always, wish to savor each and every laugh, cry, joy and emotional distress with an understanding that it is the part of so called beautiful life.

I don't have emphatic word to describe new year's eve. I confined myself in the room and stayed surfing net wishing all my facebook friends who were online. Friends left for the nearby Inn, which once was my favorite destination. I still have the vivid idea of how I exhibited my lame dance moves infront of fellow Indian friends last year.

I was keenly excited to be alone as I did it deliberately. When I compare my present status with the past, I see indefinable differences within myself. Feels no good to mingle and booze like before as I am a complete teetotaler and a happy man since quitting it.


Unlike last year, I did the countdown and accepted 2013 in a joyous manner. The feeling was euphoric which I felt emotionally. The fireworks from the nearby apartments was so thrilling to watch and pleasantly an entertaining one. Seeing people walking by my apartment, I could no longer stay in the room due to an influencing and an exciting temptation from the people outside who were all in gaiety mood.

Went for a midnight walk which was the first time upon reaching college and ofcourse a loner one. Though, 2012 was a year filled with dreadful rumours which riveted spooky feelings in the minds of people, it was a happy ending allowing people to gracefully welcome a new era.

Got no unshakeable resolutions or a precise new goals to be fulfilled, but would certainly usher myself  into the new year with lots of hopes and aspirations for a better world without any chaos to the beautiful earth and her people. I pray twenty-thirteen to be a year of merriment to all with good health and loads of happiness, Amen!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment