Tuesday 6 March 2012

A Statement In Explanation Of Some Action Or Belief


You don’t look like a timid guy is the most common and repeated remark from many of my friends and they even doubt that I may be flirting with strangers by giving a false information. I rue the reason that I don’t have the proof to make them believe that I am not the person they think and assume of.  The question is how can I convince them and prove it. Of course, I know I have become more communicative in recent days, but in real, the things are just contrary to their assumption and an absolute complement. When I say that I haven’t been into a relationship and haven’t experienced it, most of my friends display some amount of disapproval to my words.

How can somebody be idle in a college where there are plenty of nymphs is the justification they give to oppose my words. To this, I narrate my epic story of how I am today and how I have been before. The story of how my mind got distracted after falling for someone, getting no response from her, leaving me in the most painful and intolerable state. When you study in the college like Sherubtse, everyone expects a romantic story at least, but in real, most of the lads are left idle and single. When the outsiders passing by the highway captures a few couples dating alongside the road, they instantly picturize the whole students to be of that type. I don’t object and deny what they say, but just generalize it by saying that some are there who prioritizes their time fully in studies, some in playing games and many other things. We cannot judge anything by some vague evidences or without knowing the truth behind it. The outer appearances can often be deceptive and it can mislead our thoughts and concepts.


Mates in my new college were keen in listening to the account of my stay in Sherubtse college. Some liked the way I spent my days in the college while I saw some sense of heartache in others. The most comical of all was that, a guy whom I think, is of the same stature as me in every aspects wasn’t happy at all with the way I whiled away my time. He consoled me for the vicious twist of my fate and dumping me way back to the first year. In between, I sighted a contented smile in his face for he had a similar pitiful story. He had his own story of how he wasted a year in another college. I could sense a gloominess thought in his mind, for he was still tangled by the distasteful incident. I appropriately weighed ourselves as the birds of same feather and we had millions of reasons to be happy as ever with the opportunity in our hands to prove ourselves and kept him mum by pointing that he would have ruined without getting a single girlfriend like me if he was also there in Sherubtse.


Not even a single friend of mine was happy to hear the harsh and tough promotion rule implemented by my previous college. If our present college had the similar rule, I am sure we will be kicked hard on our butts right from the beginning of the course. Some of my friends would have rested for almost three months by now, waiting for the juniors to get enrolled for the next academic session. Thank God!! the rules are not that extreme. Considering the toughness of the courses the college offer, I think the present rules are just appropriate and standard. It is a pleasant news to learn that RUB is readmitting those students who were once detained. I hope and pray that the new tentative rules benefit the present students and also give life to those who were once victimized.



No comments:

Post a Comment